Thanksgiving is always the perfect time to count and reflect upon our many blessings as we enjoy this special day with family and/or friends. It’s something I try to be mindful of and this year is no exception. I wanted to take it a step further and write down EXACTLY what I am most thankful for. Having a written account makes me more appreciative of what I DO have, versus what I don’t have. I am able to literally “count my blessings”and can go back to this list anytime I need a reminder of how much I truly possess. There is no particular ranking or order; I just wrote down what came to mind after thoughtful reflection, so here it is:
I am most thankful for….
1. A roof over my head
2. Food on the table
3. My husband
4. My son
5. Cancer survivorship
6. Clean clothes
7. Hot showers
8. My car (it’s hard to get around NJ without one!)
9. Extended family
10. Good health
11. Good Friends
12. Brian’s school program and staff
13. Brian’s recreational activities, including camps
14. Brian’s good health (overall)
15. Brian’s easy going nature
18. Good books
20. Travel adventures
21. The Five Senses that are still working pretty well!
22. A good nights sleep
24. Living in America
25. Modern medicine
26. Cherry cheesecake
28. Bear hugs
29. The beach
30. Seeing the Grand Canyon
31. Belly Laughs
32. My Christian Faith
33. My Memory and Memories!
34. Brian’s Bear hugs!
36. Brian’s home therapists
37. The ability to give and receive love
39. The life lessons my parents taught me
40. Opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life
41. A fine Chardonnay wine
42. When Brian says “Mom” ❤️❤️
43. Unconditional love
46. Each new day
47. Other special needs families
48. What the future holds
49. The ability to learn from my mistakes
50. The Power Of Prayer
51. Each new beginning
52. A sense of humor
55. Lipstick ( #Revlon#625IcedAmethyst)
56. Hair color ( #BlondeAmbition)
59. Being Brian’s Mom
60. The kindness of others
61. The splendor of Fall
62. Hiking in the mountains
64. The opportunity to make amends
66. Yankee candles
67. A hand to hold
68. A shoulder to cry on
69. A new hot water heater (early Thanksgiving present)
70. My guitar
71. Living in Germany
72. Learning German (though I forget most of it)
73. Texting (a time saver! 😊👍🏻)
74. No credit card debt
75. Paying bills on time
76. Health insurance
77. My original teeth (hey, you never know when things can change! 😁)
78. Nitrous oxide- I am SO grateful!!
79. Brian’s bus driver and bus aides
80. Good neighbors
81. Flannel PJs
82. Italian food- it is the BEST cuisine!
83. Sleeping in whenever possible
84. Visiting family in Ireland
85. The opportunity to be a teacher
86. The privilege of being a Mom
87. Our beloved cleaning lady, Grace, and her monthly magic!
88. Annual vacations at the beach
89. My husband’s sacrifices for our family
90. The volunteers in Brian’s life
91. Still having my beloved Mom here with us, 88 years young!
92. My beloved Dad who was simply the best!
93. No cooking on weekends! #Leftovers
94. A husband who likes to cook
95. Our quiet street
96. The ability to say NO sometimes when needed.
97. Healthy boundaries in personal relationships
98. Brian sleeping all night! 😊👍🏻
99. Chili in a crockpot on a cold night
100. A roaring fire to dream by…
May your personal blessings be many and hardships very few! Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with laughter, good food, and great memories!
Until we meet again, thanks for reading!